BECOME A MEDIA AMBASSADOR
BECOME A MEDIA AMBASSADOR
If you’ve got a story to tell and want to inspire others, we’d love to hear from you. At Ditch the Label, we believe that it is important to share stories and to talk openly about the issues affecting people the most. As part of our public awareness work, we regularly collaborate with TV, radio and news outlets to share the stories and experiences of our Media Ambassadors.
We are looking to from people aged 12-25 who have been through challenging times and are comfortable talking about it. Challenges can include, but aren’t limited to: bullying, online abuse, mental health, relationships, coming out and hate speech.
Things to consider before applying
We want to make sure that this is the right thing for you to do, so before applying – please ask yourself the following questions.
- Ask yourself if you’re ready to put yourself and your story out there. Once it’s out there, you won’t be able to take it back.
- Know that we’ll be with you for your entire journey and that it’s okay to say stop at any time. You are in complete control and will never be put under any pressure.
- If your situation is ongoing, you may be contacted by our support team who will offer you help and support before your story is considered.
- Whilst we are incredibly selective about the media we work with and have never had a bad experience, you can never control how a journalist presents your story.
- If you’re below the age of 18, you will need consent from your parent/guardian.
- You will have the option to be anonymous if you’d prefer to tell your story but remain private whilst doing so.
I want to apply, now what?
Great! Remember that you can pull out at any time and we’ll only contact you if a suitable opportunity arrises. You’ll still be able to turn down opportunities and you’ll never be pressured into doing something you’re not completely comfortable with. To apply, simply complete the form on this page – giving as much information as possible. Once your story has been submitted, our team will review and assess it to see as to whether or not it fits with our current awareness agenda. If your story is a fit, a member of the Ditch the Label team will contact you directly to confirm that you are happy to participate and will run a welfare check to make sure you’re unlikely to be negatively impacted by taking part.
Once you’ve submitted your application, we’ll be in touch to let you know if it’s something we’d like to take forward and will then send over media opportunities on an ad-hoc basis. Meaning it may take a week to get your first opportunity, or 6-months.